Izetta N. Bennion Memorial
The Department of Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation invites applications for the Izetta N. Bennion Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was initiated by Glenn N. Taylor, Ph.D. in honor of his aunt, Izetta N. Bennion. Ms. Bennion taught public school physical education and supervised many student teachers. As a tribute to his aunt, Dr. Taylor established this scholarship for the benefit of a HKR Kinesiology Teaching student.
In addition to the priority consideration given to women physical education students teachers, the following criteria will be considered in the selection of the successful candidates.
- Be a current Kinesiology major.
- Demonstrate academic excellence.
- Demonstrate commitment to teaching physical education.
- Indicate need for financial assistance.
- Obtain at least one reference letter from a Kinesiology Teaching faculty member.
- Priority will be given to senior-level female students, though all students are encouraged to app