J. George Jones Fine Arts Advisory Board Scholarship
The College of Fine Arts Advisory Board (FAAB) was established in 1992 by the J. George Jones, Jr. Trust to provide scholarship support for students within the College of Fine Arts. The FAAB awards annual scholarships to Fine Art undergraduate majors who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen field. The FAAB Scholarship is $2,000, divided in equal payments in the fall and spring semesters. This application requires a personal essay, a current Degree Audit Report, and a recommendation letter from a faculty member. Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants must be a current, full-time declared undergraduate major in the College of Fine Arts and have Junior or Senior status for the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Recipients of the FAAB Scholarship must maintain full-time status, a 3.0 GPA, and remain in good standing within their department.
The FAAB Scholarship Committee will conduct interviews in March 2020. There will be no interviews conducted during Spring Break. All finalists must make themselves available for a fifteen-minute interview during the assigned time period. Finalists will be contacted through their uMail to set up an interview time. All notifications regarding your application, the review and interview process, and selection will be emailed to your uMail.
- Supplemental Questions
- What College of Fine Arts unit/department is your major in?
- What is your major in the College of Fine Arts (declared or anticipated)?
- If applicable, what is your College of Fine Arts emphasis (declared or anticipated)?
- If applicable, what is your College of Fine Arts minor (declared/anticipated)?
- What is your current year in your College of Fine Arts Program?
- Please indicate your anticipated graduation date. (ex. Spring 2025)
- Upload your current Degree Audit Report. If you are an incoming transfer student or incoming prospective student, please upload your transcripts. (Applications that do not include current Degree Audit Reports or transcripts will not be considered.)
- What was your last term GPA?
- Please list your organizational memberships.
- Please list your awards or honors received.
- Please list previous or current scholarships you have received and the awarding institution/organization.
- Please include your academic and professional goals, and describe how your experiences have lead to an outstanding tuition balance. (Applications that do not include a personal history will not be considered.)
- Please provide the name and email address of the faculty member who has agreed to write you a letter of recommendation to support your application. (Please remember that it is your responsibility to make sure that your recommendation letter is submitted by the deadline. We recommend that you follow up with your faculty member.)
- I agree to the release of any information provided on this form to individuals outside of the University of Utah for the purpose of determining the awarding of scholarships, reporting purposes, or for other reasons related to the scholarship.
- Show 9 more