- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a graduate or undergraduate student?
- I am an incoming or current University of Utah undergraduate or graduate student who intends to enroll in both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
- During both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters, I will be enrolled in six (6) or more undergraduate credit hours or three (3) or more graduate credit hours.
- I have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 from the University of Utah or prior institution.
- I will have been a current staff member at the Natural History Museum of Utah for at least three (3) consecutive months as of March 15, 2020.
- Please upload a 1-2 page resume (may include education, employment, volunteer, honors and awards, and other relevant extracurricular history)
Statement of Purpose: Please read the description of the Margo Silvester Scholarship below and describe in 750 words or less how you align with the purpose and dream of the scholarship. Also, please describe your current or future intent in contributing to the culture, community, and mission of the Natural History Museum of Utah.
The Margo Silvester Scholarship was established in 2018 in honor of Margo’s lifelong curiosity of the natural world and her fierce belief in the power of education to transform lives. Margo was a longtime friend and supporter of the Natural History Museum of Utah. In all facets of her life, Margo had the unique ability to bring people together from different settings, backgrounds, and interests. As a successful entrepreneur and business leader, Margo had the uncanny ability to spot potential and match it to the right company and position. As a result, she helped shape countless careers and organizations. Margo believed one of the most important characteristics of a successful person in life or in business was curiosity, often sharing her mantra “be curious." She challenged everyone around her not to settle for the obvious or what came “easy” but to push through and beyond the boundaries of what they believed was possible. With these traits as inspiration, the Margo Silvester Scholarship will be awarded annually to an NHMU student employee who demonstrates a passion for learning, a curious intellect, and strong foundational communication and leadership skills.
Please provide the name and email address of one Natural History Museum of Utah supervisor or colleague who is able to comment on your passion for learning, curious intellect, NHMU involvement and engagement, as well as your customer service, leadership, and communication skills.
Please double-check the name and email address of your reference are correct.
Once you fill their name and email out, the system will send them an email inviting them into the scholarship management software to upload a letter of support.
- Show 3 more