- Supplemental Questions
- Have you received any scholarships or financial assistance from the University of Utah or other sources? If so, please list each by name, with applicable time period and dollar amount.
- Please provide a personal statement of 500 words or less that addresses the following; 1) Your background; 2) Your educational and career plans; 3) How a scholarship would benefit you, and; 4) Unique obstacles you’ve faced in your education. Note: The personal statement is a key component of the scholarship application, so please make sure your statement is thorough and detailed.
- Please describe any individual or university-sponsored research projects that you have been involved in (within or outside of the Department of Anthropology), including any anthropological research, projects or field schools that you have participated in. (200 words or less)
- Letters of Recommendation - Anthropology
- TWO letters of recommendation are required, and at least one of these must be from an academic source. Applications that do not have the required letters will not be considered for awards. Please enter the email addresses of the two persons who have agreed to write letters of recommendation for you here:
- If available, please upload a complete resume that includes academic, employment, and extracurricular accomplishments. (optional)
- Is cultural anthropology your main interest within Anthropology?
- If you marked “yes” in the question above to indicate that cultural anthropology is your main interest, please briefly detail your interest in cultural anthropology (200 words or less).
Some of our opportunities require proof of financial need. Applicants who are US Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, and Eligible Nonresidents as defined by FAFSA are encouraged to complete an online federal financial aid application. Students not able to file an online FAFSA application and who graduated from a Utah high school (i.e., Dreamers with or without DACA) can fill out a paper application and submit it to the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid. Click here to determine if you are eligible to complete an online FAFSA application.
Did you complete a FAFSA application?
- The following questions are for students that would like to be considered for an Anthropology Field School Scholarship:
- 1. Are you planning on, or interested in attending a University of Utah, Department of Anthropology Field School in the summer of 2020?
- 2. If yes, please choose/indicate which Department of Anthropology field schools you have either applied for, or plan on applying for:
- 3. Please provide a brief statement outlining why you would like to attend one of our field schools.
- Show 4 more