LGBT Resource Center Scholarship
The LGBT Resource Center awards multiple scholarships to students (undergraduate or graduate) every Spring semester. These awards recognize students who are committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ communities and who have demonstrated academic, leadership, professional, and/or personal accomplishments . Amount of awards are typically $2,000-$3,500.
- Must be currently enrolled University of Utah student (undergraduate or graduate) OR have completed at least 1 semester of coursework at another higher education institution at the time of application.
- Must have and maintain cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Financial need will be considered in selection process. Awardees will be required to complete a FAFSA process to have scholarship awarded. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Awardees will be required to complete HB 144 affidavit to have scholarship awarded. Our scholarships are available to undocumented/DACA students who have graduated from a Utah high school as well as international students. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Past scholarship awardees are welcome to reapply. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Personal statement (500-750 words) in Word or PDF format. Personal statement should address:
- Tell us a bit about yourself: What are your strengths? What academic, professional, or personal achievements have you accomplished?
- What are your academic, professional, and/or personal goals for the future?
- What leadership or involvement experience do you have with LGBTQIA+ communities? Examples could include leadership in student organizations or community groups, advocating for LGBTQIA+ people in your professional or personal life, academic projects related to LGBTQIA+ people, etc.
- If awarded this scholarship, what plans do you have to continue leadership and involvement supporting LGBTQIA+ communities?
- Please share about your financial need for this scholarship, if applicable.
- Is there anything else you want the committee to consider when reviewing your application?
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript in PDF format
- Complete all application questions
- Optional, but encouraged: Letter of recommendation in Word or PDF format
- Submit application by Friday, February 14 by 11:59pm MST
For questions about this application, contact email@example.com, 801-587-7973