Crankstart Re-entry Scholarship
Established in 2000, the Crankstart Foundation is based in Palo Alto, California and is the foundation of Michael and Harriet Mortiz. The Crankstart Scholarship is to assist adult learners, of all gender identities, at The University of Utah who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
1. Have and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater (both individual semester and cumulative overall GPA)
2. Must have a gap of at least five years in your high school to college or in your college education, this gap can be consecutive or cumulative
3. Be a resident of the state of Utah, as defined by The University of Utah’s Registrar’s Office
4. Be admitted to The University of Utah working toward completion of an undergraduate degree
5. Be a matriculated student at The University of Utah
6. Be working toward first Bachelor’s degree
7. Preference will be given to those who maintain a full-time enrollment at The University of Utah, however you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to be considered. Courses that are non-credit do not count toward enrollment, additionally all courses must be at a level 1000 or greater to be considered
8. Preference will be given to those with financial need as determined by federal guidelines
9. Preference will be given to newly matriculating students
- Students that are current Crankstart or Osher scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Spring 21/Summer 21 Award, but will be eligible to apply in spring 2021 for the following academic year.