- Supplemental Questions
- What is your anticipated semester and year of graduation? (EX: Spring 2023)
- Have you received any scholarships or financial assistance from the University of Utah or other sources? If so, please list each by name, with applicable time period and dollar amount.
- List any awards or special recognition you have received during your college career. Please provide the name of the award and the date it was awarded.
- Please upload your degree dashboard (formerly DARS report) or an unofficial transcript with grades.
- Please describe any community or campus service (especially involvement in the Psychology department) you have been involved in, including the type of work you did, your role in the project, as well as the approximate hours per week and duration of your service. (300 words or less)
- Please describe any research you have done on campus (especially if in the Psychology department), including the type of work you did, the faculty member who you worked with, your role in the project, as well as the approximate hours per week. (300 words or less)
- What, if any, challenges have you faced in your education? Examples can include financial needs, health issues, family responsibilities, Covid-19, etc. (200 words or less)
- Letters of Recommendation - Psychology
TWO letters of recommendation are required, and at least one of these must be from an academic source, such as a current or former professor/teacher. The other can be from an employer, volunteer supervisor, but not a friend or family member. Applications that do not have the required letters will not be considered for awards. Please enter the email addresses of the two persons who have agreed to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Your reference must agree to write a letter BEFORE you put their contact information into your application. The very moment their contact information is input, an auto notification will be sent to them. If your reference did not agree to write a reference letter for you, they have every right to reject the system’s request.
- Once your reference has agreed to write a letter for you, it is up to YOU to check your application to make sure the letter was submitted. You cannot see the letter but will be able to tell if it was received. Check the status of your letters by clicking on the "References" tab above.
- Letters must be submitted by your reference by February 7, 2021.
- Please upload a complete resume that includes academic, employment, and extracurricular accomplishments.
- Please provide a personal statement of 500 words or less that addresses the following: 1) your educational and career plans and 2) how a scholarship would help you achieve those plans. The statement should be as clear and detailed as possible. The personal statement is a key component of the scholarship application, so please make sure your statement is thorough and polished.
To be eligible for scholarships that list financial need as a criterion, a completed FAFSA application is required.
Applicants who are U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, and Eligible Nonresidents as defined by FAFSA are encouraged to complete an online federal financial aid application. Students not able to file an online FAFSA application (i.e., Dreamers with or without DACA and International Students) can fill out a paper application and submit it to the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid in the Student Services Building, Room 105. Click here to determine if you are eligible to complete an online FAFSA application.
- Are you completing an electronic or paper FAFSA application?
- Will you have completed your FAFSA application by April 1, 2021?
- The following questions are for the Danielle Vacca Scholarship. Please only respond if your life has been affected by a drunk or impaired driver.
- Has your life been affected by a drunk or impaired driver?
- Have you received the Danielle Vacca Scholarship in the past?
- If yes, when?
- In 400 words or less, please state how drunk driving has affected your life.
- Show 7 more