Crimson Transfer Honors Society & Union Student Leader
Crimson Transfer Honor Society & Union Student Leader Scholarship
Provided by: The Office of Orientation & Transition & A. Ray Olpin University Union
Number of awards: 1
Application deadline: Sunday, February 14, 2021 by 11:59 pm (MST)
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FUND MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the Union Scholarship Fund is to support the academic achievement of students representing a wide array of backgrounds and experiences; the students are currently attending or plan to attend the University of Utah. The fund promotes the retention and completion of students who demonstrate financial need and a commitment to the mission of the Union. Through this fund, the Union and its scholarship partners recognize students who are committed to bettering the communities they serve.
Established in 2016, the Crimson Transfer Honors Society (CTHS) is an honors society established for transfer students at the University of Utah. The mission and purpose of CTHS is to 1) recognize academic success of all transfer student at the U; 2) encourage and support transfer students as they transition into their majors and graduate school; 3) get transfer students involved on campus and help find ways they can serve their community; and 4) encourage members of CTHS in aiding other transfer students as they acculturate to their campus
The Union recognizes transfer students within our campus community for their dedication and commitment in building community and promoting leadership involvement. The Crimson Transfer Honors Society & Union Scholarship Fund provides one (1) scholarship of $3,000 to assist a transfer student in accomplishing their academic goals. The purpose of this scholarship is to identify and recognize a transfer student whose commitment is building community and leadership within the Union and/or campus community. These opportunities can include but not limited to involvement with CTHS.
This scholarship is available to all transfer students currently enrolled at the University of Utah. This scholarship is NOT limited to current members of CTHS..
- Candidates must take a minimum of 12 undergraduate credits, or if you are a graduate student, you must have full-time status according to your respective graduate program.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 from the University of Utah or prior institution.
- Candidates’ financial need will be assessed.
- Many students who are selected to receive a University scholarship after May 12, 2015, are required by state law to certify under penalty of perjury that they are eligible to receive the scholarship as a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country who is lawfully present within the United States. Students who have both graduated from a recognized Utah high school and who are awarded a scholarship funded by a private donor are not required to certify their lawful presence before receiving a privately funded scholarship. (This scholarship is a privately funded scholarship; if you graduated from a Utah high school you may skip the next bullet point).
- Students who did not graduate from a Utah high school are required to certify their lawful presence in the United States must also be submitted to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for veriﬁcation of their lawful presence within the United States. Once the University submits information to DHS for veriﬁcation this federal agency may have the legal right to share information with other government agencies. If you do not know whether you are lawfully present within the United States you should seek the advice of an immigration attorney before accepting a University scholarship that requires certiﬁcation and veriﬁcation. (If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the Dream Center at firstname.lastname@example.org).
The recipients of the scholarship are expected to attend the annual Union Scholarship Celebration event during the evening of Thursday, April 2nd, 2020. The celebration promotes the scholarship on a community level and will be the time when recipients are publicly recognized and awarded.
Communications & Development Manager
University of Utah University Union
200 S. Central Campus Dr. Room 255 Salt Lake City, UT 84112