John R. Park Debate Society Scholarship Application
Applications must be submitted by FEBRUARY 7, 2021. Recommendations must be submitted by February 17, 2021.
Please email scholarship questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must compete for the John R. Park Debate Society during the 2021-2022 academic year. This includes enrolling in COMM 3270 in the Fall 2021 semester, as well as fulfilling all team requirements as articulated in the scholarship agreement should an award be offered and accepted. You will be considered for all available speech and debate scholarships when you submit your application.
Scholarships are awarded for the 2021‐2022 academic year. Students graduating before Fall 2021 are not eligible.
Scholarship recipients must attend the Communication Department Awards Banquet to receive awards. Application information will be used to introduce you at the banquet if you are selected as a recipient.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application forms must include all of the following:
- A completed online application
- A current transcript. High school seniors should submit their high school transcript. Transfer and University of Utah students should submit their most recent college transcript.
- A 1-2 page resume summarizing your academic accomplishments, forensics experience, and other relevant background information
- A 1-2 page personal statement identifying your background/interests in college forensics
- A letter of recommendation that addresses your academic abilities, e.g., from a teacher
- A letter of recommendation that addresses your forensics background/abilities, e.g., from a coach
- Any evidence of financial need (optional)
Department of Communication Scholarships. Students majoring in communication are eligible for separate consideration for scholarships from the Department of Communication. To be considered, you must fill out the Department of Communication Undergraduate Scholarship Application.