- Supplemental Questions
- Have you suffered physical abuse or emotional hardship that has made navigating college challenging for you?
Please explain the reason for your response above. (Please note that all personal information provided is confidential and it will not be shared with anyone except scholarship review committee.)
- Are you a first generation student?
- Please include a personal statement describing your background, educational and career plans, and how receiving a scholarship would help you to continue your education. You should be thoughtful and clear in your personal statement to help the reviewer understand what has brought you to this point in your life, and where you intend to go.
- Letters of Recommendation - Dowdle
TWO letters of recommendation are required, and at least one of these must be from an academic source, such as a current or former professor/teacher. The other can be from an employer, volunteer supervisor, but not a friend or family member. Applications that do not have the required letters will not be considered for awards. Please enter the email addresses of the two persons who have agreed to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Your reference must agree to write a letter BEFORE you put their contact information into your application. The very moment their contact information is input, an auto notification will be sent to them. If your reference did not agree to write a reference letter for you, they have every right to reject the system’s request.
- Once your reference has agreed to write a letter for you, it is up to YOU to check your application to make sure the letter was submitted. You cannot see the letter but will be able to tell if it was received. Check the status of your letters by clicking on the "References" tab above.
- Letters must be submitted by your reference by February 7, 2021.
This scholarship lists financial need as a criterion, which means a completed FAFSA application is required.
Students not able to file an online FAFSA application (i.e., Dreamers with or without DACA or those without a Social Security number) can fill out a paper application to the best of their ability and submit it to the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid in the Student Services Building, room 105.
For questions about a paper FAFSA application, contact the University's Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-6211.
- Are you completing a FAFSA application?
- Will you have completed your FAFSA application by February 1, 2021?
- Show 1 more