College of Science Graduate Student Emergency Scholarship

If you are considering leaving the University due to an emergency situation, the College of Science wants to help you find a solution to stay in school and finish your Graduate degree. College of Science Graduate Students (M.S. or Ph.D. candidate in: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Physics) who has an emergency situation and needs financial assistance to finish their degree are encouraged to complete this application.

The following are possible expenses for the emergency funds: tuition, fees, room and board, textbooks, required supplies or materials for classes, transportation, child care, and unexpected medical expenses, COVID-19 related expenses.

This award is made possible by generous donations from Nicholas and Courtney Gibbs, Don and Rebecca Reese, Tom and Kathy Thatcher, an anonymous former graduate, and many alumni and supporters of the College of Science.

Supplemental Questions
  1. What academic term are you requesting assistance for?
  2. Amount of emergency money you are requesting.
  3. Please summarize your emergency situation and/or financial hardship.
  4. How will the money help you to stay in school or finish your degree?