- Supplemental Questions
- Name (as found on legal documentation):
- What name would you like us to use to refer to you?
- Are you a matriculated (degree-seeking) University of Utah student?
- Have you declared a major in International Studies and/or the Department of World Languages and Cultures?
- Do you have any other Major(s)/Minor(s)? If yes, please specify.
- Have you been approved to participate on a study abroad program through the Learning Abroad Office?
- Are you a transfer student? Please respond Yes or No. If you are a transfer student, please list the institution you are transferring from.
- Do you plan to attend a Learning Abroad program in the Fall 2022 semester?
- Do you have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater?
- What is your cumulative GPA?
Optional Demographic Information
We request demographic information from our applicants to include in our reporting. Providing this information is voluntary/optional and will not have an impact on your eligibility.
What is your gender identity?
- What pronouns would you like us to use in referring to you?
- Please check next to the racial categories with which you most identify:
- Other racial category/categories with which you identify:
- Are you Hispanic or Latina/o/x/e? (A person of Cuban, Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American origin, or from another Latin American country regardless of race)
- Do you identify as or have origins in any of the indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America?
- If yes, please specify:
- Did your parents / guardians graduate from college?
- Have you served or are you currently serving in the U.S. Military?
Statement of PurposePlease include a typed statement (of no more than 500 words) in which you 1) identify in concrete terms your plan of study, internship, or other learning abroad experience; 2) discuss your academic and career goals; and 3) explain as precisely as possible the relevance of your international experience to those goals. How, in other words, will this particular experience contribute to your education and future plans? How have you prepared for your international experience? And how will you build on this experience—as a student, a community member, and ultimately as a professional—after you return?
Statement of Financial NeedPlease include a typed statement (of no more than 250 words) in which you discuss the importance of this scholarship to your ability to complete the international experience. You may wish to include information about yourself and/or your family (including but by no means limited to such things as whether or not you are a first-generation college student, whether and what kinds of additional financial assistance you have earned to support your education, and your employment and/or family-related challenges or commitments). You may also wish to discuss how you plan to fund the remainder of the program costs that the scholarship may not cover.
Statement of ConsentI affirm that I understand that I must be approved for my study abroad program before the funds are dispersed. I understand that I must participate in a study abroad program in order to be eligible for this scholarship. I understand that scholarships are not transferable to another term. If I chose to participate in my study abroad program during another time period, I will be required to forfeit my scholarship and reapply for a different term. I understand that I must successfully complete my program to retain any scholarships that I might receive. If I fail to complete the program for any reason, I will be required to forfeit any scholarship funds awarded for the program. If I withdraw from the program or am dismissed for any reason after an award is disbursed, I will receive a bill for the amount awarded. I understand that, if I receive an award, I will be required to complete a Scholarship Agreement and meet the terms of that agreement. My failure to meet these expectations will result in forfeiting the scholarship. I certify that all the information that I have provided is true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to all the terms of this scholarship and the expectations associated with it.
- Show 17 more