Graduate School & Union Student Leader Scholarship
GRADUATE SCHOOL & UNION STUDENT LEADER SCHOLARSHIP
Provided by: Graduate School & Union Student Leader Scholarship
Scholarship Disbursed: Academic Year 2022-2023
Number of awards: 2
Application deadline: Sunday, January 30th, 2022 by 11:59 PM (MST)
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FUND MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the Union Scholarship Fund is to support the academic achievement of students representing a wide array of backgrounds and experiences; the students are currently attending or plan to attend the University of Utah. The fund promotes the retention and completion of students who demonstrate financial need and a commitment to the mission of the Union. Through this fund, the Union and its scholarship partners recognize students who are committed to bettering the communities they serve.
The Graduate School fosters excellence for all graduate students by providing administrative structure and leadership to maintain and enhance graduate education at the U. The Graduate School offers financial assistance, support innovative academic opportunities, and provides professional development to students, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and faculty. The Graduate School is guided by the principles of quality, diversity, and integrity, as the department strives to build a community of scholars and leaders. For more information about The Graduate School, please visit their website.
The Union acknowledges and recognizes graduate students (in either masters or doctoral-level programs) within our campus community for their dedication and commitment to creating an inclusive environment. The Graduate School & Union Student Leaders Scholarship Committee has a commitment to inclusivity. We work collaboratively with community groups and individuals to address issues that impact the well-being of historically marginalized communities in an effort to provide equitable service(s).
The Graduate School & Union Student Leader Scholarship provides two (2) scholarship of $2,000 to assist a graduate student in accomplishing their academic goals. The purpose of this scholarship is to identify and recognize a graduate student whose commitment to creating an inclusive campus community has, or will, contribute to the culture, values, and overall mission of the Union. This includes graduate students who are or will be associated with promoting diversity and inclusion within the Union and/or campus community. These opportunities can include but are not limited to involvement with an oﬃce or event(s) in the Union. Previous recipients of the scholarship are welcome to apply, with preference given to new applicants/recipients.
- This scholarship is available to incoming and current graduate students enrolled at the University of Utah Utah for the 2022 fall semester
- Candidates must have full-time status as a graduate student at the University of Utah.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 from the University of Utah or prior institution.
- Candidates’ financial need will be assessed.
Many students who are selected to receive a University scholarship after May 12, 2015, are required by state law to certify under penalty of perjury that they are eligible to receive the scholarship as a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country who is lawfully present within the United States. Students who have both graduated from a recognized Utah high school and who are awarded a scholarship funded by a private donor are not required to certify their lawful presence before receiving a privately funded scholarship. (This scholarship is a privately funded scholarship.)
Students who did not graduate from a Utah high school are required to certify their lawful presence in the United States must also be submitted to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for veriﬁcation of their lawful presence within the United States. Once the University submits information to DHS for veriﬁcation this federal agency may have the legal right to share information with other government agencies. If you do not know whether you are lawfully present within the United States you should seek the advice of an immigration attorney before accepting a University scholarship that requires certiﬁcation and veriﬁcation. (If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the Dream Center at email@example.com).
- The recipients of the scholarship are expected to attend the annual Union Scholarship Celebration event during the evening of Thursday, September 15th, 2022. The celebration promotes the scholarship on a community level and will be the time when recipients are publicly recognized and awarded.
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to be Union Scholarship Ambassadors. This means promoting 1-2 scholarship fundraising events throughout the academic year.
- Sign scholarship Acceptance Form
- Schedule a headshot picture
- Personal & Enrollment Information
- Attach a resume
- Attach an essay: Career Goals and background Food
- Attach an essay: Financial aid and qualifications essay
Communications & Development Manager
University of Utah, A. Ray Olpin Union Building
200 S. Central Campus Dr. Room 255 Salt Lake City, UT 84112