Emma Eccles Jones Fine Arts Leadership House Endowed Scholarship
Applying to live in the Emma Eccles Jones Fine Arts Leadership House is a three step process:
- Complete a housing application to live in our Living Learning Community at housing.utah.edu
- Complete this EE Jones FA House scholarship application
- Attend an interview with the College of Fine Arts. Interviews are typically conducted in March
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The Priority Deadline for this scholarship application is February 28, 2022, but the application will remain open until June 14, 2022.
- This application requires a personal essay, and two personal references. Only complete applications will be considered.
- The scholarship will no longer be available once all spaces are awarded so please apply as soon as possible.
- Recipients of this scholarship will receive $1,500 for the academic year ($750 in Fall Semester and $750 in Spring Semester).
- Scholarship applications must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and must maintain that standard.
- Applicants must either be full-time undergraduates in the College of Fine Arts in their sophomore, junior, or senior year or incoming freshman intending to major in the College of Fine Arts.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
- All notifications regarding your application, the review process, and selection will be emailed to your uMail.
- Housing costs vary. Students should visit housing.utah.edu to get a housing rate estimate
Each student selected to reside in the EE Jones Fine Arts House will complete the following:
- Students will sign a contract agree to abide by all rules and policies set forth in the contract. Students are responsible for all housing and meal plan costs. Each resident is expected to be an active participant in the EE Jones Fine Arts House and to participate fully in the House activities. At the beginning of the year, the residents of the House will work together to create a living contract outlining the acceptable standards for living in the House and the expectations for involvement in House activities. Each resident is required to participate fully in the creation of this contract, sign, and abide by agreed-upon standards. A copy of the signed contract will be submitted to and be on file in the College of Fine Arts Dean’s Office. Additionally, there are monthly College of Fine Arts events that every resident is expected to participate in and attend. You will receive a calendar of events at the beginning of each term.
- Students will remain in good standing. Good standing shall entail maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA (as well as a 3.0 GPA for each semester of residence) while actively pursuing an undergraduate degree as a full-time student in the College of Fine Arts and maintaining good standing in you home department or school.
- Students will remain majoring in the College of Fine Arts. In the event that a student changes majors in the College of Fine Arts, that student may continue to live in the House. If the student changes to a major outside of the College of Fine Arts, s/he will no longer be eligible for the EE Jones Fine Arts House Scholarship or residence in the EE Jones Fine Arts House after the semester in which the decision to change majors is made.
About this award:
The Emma Eccles Jones Fine Arts House (EE Jones FA House) was established in 2001 by the Emma Eccles Jones Foundation to provide scholarship support for students living in the Emma Eccles Jones Fine Arts House on Officer’s Circle of Fort Douglas Heritage Commons. This scholarship offers student artists from all of the College of Fine Arts disciplines a chance to live and learn from each other during a year of collaboration and new experiences.
To obtain further information about this scholarship:
- Contact April Casiano, Admin Officer, College of Fine Arts
- Phone 801-585-1416
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org