ASUU Student Scholarship
The ASUU Student Scholarship is a scholarship awarded once per semester to students to support costs associated with basic needs (including tuition, textbooks, commuting, housing, food, etc.). The purpose of the scholarship is to support students’ overall wellbeing and help give students the ability to thrive as a student and as a person throughout their time at the University. Students are encouraged to apply and describe how this scholarship can best improve their experience at the University of Utah, with a focus on how this scholarship will help to alleviate any urgent financial needs that they may be experiencing that may interfere with being able to fully engage in the campus community. 10 scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded for the Fall 2022 semester.
• Applicants must be students of ASUU for at least one (1) semester prior to applying for the ASUU Student Scholarship. That is, the applicant must be enrolled in classes and be a fee-paying student.
• Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application.
• Individuals who are receiving financial compensation from ASUU are not eligible for this scholarship.
• Applicants must be able to receive a scholarship from the University of Utah. If you have questions about your eligibility, contact Erica Andersen for an appointment.
Additional information for applicant:
• Use the University of Utah Scholarship Application (Academic Works) to submit your responses to each question. The form will close on the deadline so make sure to submit in advance of the closing date.
• This scholarship is administered by the ASUU Scholarship Committee. The Committee is composed of student leaders and ASUU representatives tasked with administering the scholarships for the students at the University of Utah. The Committee is governed by the ASUU Redbook and is chaired by Vice President of University Relations Benvin Lozada.
• By submitting an application, you allow ASUU to verify your eligibility with the University of Utah Registrar records, Scholarships and Financial Aid Office, and ASUU.
• The ASUU Scholarship Committee takes into consideration each applicant’s responses to the questions and their current financial situation for the 2022-2023 academic year. Your responses to the questions will only be shared with members of the ASUU Scholarship Committee and will only be used for consideration for the term you are applying to.
• For other questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Vice President of University Relations Benvin Lozada
• Due: Friday, August 26, 2022; early applications will receive priority
• We anticipate awards to be made by September 2, 2022