DAN J. SWINDLE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
A scholarship fund was established in 1992 by friends and family of Dan J. and Viella C. Swindle to support students in dentistry. Scholarship support shall be awarded to deserving students based on financial need and academic excellence. Priority shall be given to outstanding students entering the School of Dentistry. Those students who receive assistance are encouraged, when and if they are financially able (preferably within ten years), to reimburse the fund an amount at least equivalent to that which they received.One $2,500 scholarship will be awarded.
Available to all School of Dentistry students.
1. Be a student who has demonstrated outstanding merit.
2. Have demonstrated financial need. Financial need is demonstrated by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
3. Be in good academic standing.
- Dan J. Swindle
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach a Resume/CV
- (SOD) Please provide the name and email address of an individual who can email a letter of recommendation. This letter must come from teacher/professor or community service representative (someone other than a family member)
- Between 250 – 500 words, provide a personal essay articulating how your personal and/or professional goals can be supported with this scholarship. Please include any community involvement activities you’ve had the opportunity to be part of and your experience overcoming any life challenge.