Laptops For Military Docs Founders' Annual Scholarship
The founders of Laptops For Military Docs established this scholarship in 2019 for students who show an increased need of funding in addition to funding already received through the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) or Health Services Collegiate Program (HSCP) scholarships. Laptops For Military Docs Founders’ Scholarship does not have a strict definition of “need”. Funding can be used for any worthy causes deemed necessary by the applicant. For example, applicant may desire to attend a humanitarian trip or CE event, or to improve their personal financial circumstances through paying off undergraduate loans or other debts. The applicant is responsible for illustrating how the award would be impactful.
One $500 scholarship will be awarded.
1. Be a current recipient of the Health Professions Program with the Air Force, Army, or Navy, or the Health Services Collegiate Program with the Navy.
2. Be in good academic standing.
3. Display a strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence in pre-clinical and/or clinical settings.
- Supplemental Questions
- (SOD) Are you a current recipient of the Health Professions Scholarship Program?
- (SOD) Provide a personal statement explaining why you joined the military and accepted the HPSP Scholarship. Also, please articulate how the Laptops For Military Docs Founders' Scholarship will be beneficial to you and explain what goals, ambitions, or desires it would help you to accomplish.
- (SOD) Please provide the name and email address of a Clinical or Pre-Clinical Faculty member who has taught you in a clinical setting. (i.e. lab based course or patient clinic). This letter of recommendation must come from someone other than a family member.