Master of Public Administration Scholarships
Overview: When you complete this application, you are applying for the following fellowships offered through the Master of Public Administration program:
- G. Homer Durham Endowed Fellowship
- JoAnn Barlow and Dalmas Hildor Nelson Scholarship
- J. Steven & Patricia M. Ott Nonprofit Fellowship
- K.B. Hom Scholarship
- Major Brent R. Taylor Endowed Fellowship
- MPA Civic Engagement Fellowship
- MPA Diversity Fellowship
- Reed K. & Irene L. Clegg Memorial Foundation
- Spencer F. & Cleone P. Eccles Family Foundation
- The Garth and Marie Clegg-Jones and Family Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas H. & Chiyo Morita Endowed Fellowship
- Tiffany Bell Stock Memorial Fellowship
Additional Resources: For information on the fellowships, as well as resources to aid in the preparation of your application, please refer to the College of Social and Behavioral Science scholarship page here.
Requirements: Must be an accepted or current student in the Master of Public Administration program.
Questions: Please email email@example.com
- Supplemental Questions
Please provide a personal statement of 500 words or less that address the following:
- Your background
- Your educational and career plans
- How a scholarship would benefit you
- Unique obstacles you’ve faced in your education
Are you interested in and/or do you plan to commit yourself to one or more of the following areas:
- Armed forces
- Public or community service generally
- Law and ethics or the criminal justice system
- Helping underserved communities
If you answered yes to the question above, in 300 words or less, please describe your experience and commitment to each of the areas that you are interested in and/or plan to pursue.
- Are you a member of, or worked closely with, a historically underrepresented group in higher education, such as a racial/ethnic/cultural minority group, LGBTQ+ community, or first-generation students?
- If you answered yes to the question above, in 300 words or less, please explain how this association has affected your attitudes and actions towards diversity and inclusivity in public management.
- Are you enrolled in or pursuing enrollment in a joint degree program?
- Please upload a complete resume or CV that includes academic, employment, and extracurricular accomplishments.
- Letter of Recommendation - MPA
The MPA program requires one letter of recommendation. The letter must be from a professional source, such as a current or former professor, employer, or volunteer supervisor. Please enter the name and email address of the individual who has agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Your reference must agree to write a letter BEFORE you put their contact information into your application. The moment their contact information is input, an auto notification will be sent to them. If your reference did not agree to write a reference letter for you, they have every right to reject the system’s request.
- Once your reference has agreed to write a letter for you, it is up to YOU to check your application to make sure the letter was submitted. You cannot see the letter but will be able to tell if it was received. Check the status of your letters by clicking on the "References" tab above.
- Letters must be submitted by your reference by April 15, 2023.
To be eligible for scholarships that list financial need as a criterion, a completed FAFSA application is required.
Applicants who are U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, and Eligible Nonresidents as defined by FAFSA are encouraged to complete an online federal financial aid application. Students not able to file an online FAFSA application (i.e., Dreamers with or without DACA and International Students) can fill out a paper application and submit it to the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid in the Student Services Building, Room 105. Click here to determine if you are eligible to complete an online FAFSA application.
- Are you completing an electronic or paper FAFSA application?
- Will you have completed your FAFSA application by April 1, 2023?
- Show 4 more