Shirley Gaufin Scholarship
Shirley Gaufin is a 1967 alum of French at the University of Utah. She retired in 2012 from a long and successful career in Human Resources for various corporations. She is now paying it forward by providing 1 to 2, $2,000 scholarship each year for a Humanities student.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at the University of Utah with a declared major in a Humanities field.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate strong academic performance, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. However, we recognize that academic success can be measured in ways not reflected on the traditional GPA rankings. If you believe such rankings do not represent your potential for success, you may seek an exception to the GPA requirement by addressing this in your personal statement.
•Applicant must include/upload all supplemental questions below.
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a personal Statement (In 500 words or less explain why you have chosen to focus your academic pursuits in the Humanities, and how you hope to use your education to improve your life and your broader community. Include your expected graduation date and any other majors or minors you plan to pursue.)
- Upload an unofficial copy of your academic transcript(s).
- Please provide a photo/headshot of yourself that can be used for College of Humanities announcements and social media purposes.