Ivory Homes Building Dreams Scholarship
Ivory Homes will offer multiple $2,000 scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year for the University of Utah. These scholarships are available to students who have demonstrated experience serving and working with the Hispanic, Chicana/o and Latina/o community. Applicants must be entering freshmen or SLCC transfer students with preference given to first-generation students
To be eligible for the Ivory Homes Scholarship you must:
- Be an entering freshman, or SLCC transfer student.
- Participate in community service opportunities.
- Enroll in 12 credit hours or more in Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
- Be progressing satisfactorily towards your first undergraduate degree with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Complete a FAFSA (Students not eligible for FAFSA please contact Financialaid@utah.edu for more information)
Students transferring from Salt Lake Community College to the University of Utah must:
(1) Have completed 30 credit hours or more at the time of their application
(2) Have lived in Utah for three or more years
(3) Graduated from a Utah high school.
(4) Demonstrate financial need and complete a FAFSA (Students not eligible for FAFSA please contact Financial Aid for more information, FinancialAid@utah.edu
Additional questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to: Dannielle.Moriondo@utah.edu
En el año académico 2023-2024, Ivory Homes ofrecerá ocho becas de $2,000.00 para estudiantes que han demostrado experiencia en sirviendo y trabajando para la comunidad Latina/o. Estas becas serán solamente para la Universidad de Utah. Las becas son disponibles para estudiantes que estén en su último año de secundaria o para estudiantes que están a punto de transferirse de Salt Lake Community College hacia la Universidad de Utah. Adicionalmente, preferencia se le dará a estudiantes que son los primeros en su familia estudiando en un colegio/ una universidad. Para calificar, los estudiantes transfiriendo tienen que 1) haber vivido en el estado de Utah por tres años o mas, 2) haberse graduado de una escuela secundaria del estado de Utah, y 3) haber terminado 30 créditos o más.
- Supplemental Questions
- Academic Level in the 2023/24 year
- Highest level of school completed by Parent 1
- Highest level of school completed by Parent 2
- Do you, or either of your parents, work in the construction industry?
- If you answered yes to the question above, in what trade do you/your parent(s) work in and for which company?
- High School or Salt Lake Community College Transcript
- Applicants must be accepted to the University of Utah by the time of scholarship selection. Also, applicants may be deemed ineligible to receive an Ivory Homes Scholarship in the event they receive a tuition waiver scholarship for the 2022-23 academic year. NOTE: Tuition Waiver scholarships promise to cover the complete cost of tuition. Applicants receiving HB144 are eligible to apply.
- I have applied or intend to apply for a tuition waiver scholarship
- I will be receiving a tuition waiver for the 2023-24 academic year
Personal Statement (minimum 500 to maximum 700 words. PDF file only) Prompt:
(a) What you hope to achieve with your degree
(b) If applicable, why you have an interest in the home building and construction industry
- Please submit the name and email address of a reference that can speak to your community involvement and character. Your reference will be emailed and asked to type a letter of support on your behalf when you provide their name and email in the space provided.
- Show 6 more