DR. RICHARD D. & TERINA NEWMAN MARTINEZ ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
A scholarship fund was established in 2016 by Richard and Terina Martinez to support students in their 2nd or 3rd year in the School of Dentistry, carry a minimum of a 3.5 GPA, demonstrate an interest in general dentistry, and demonstrate involvement in school and community activities. Those students who have received assistance from the scholarship fund are encouraged, when and if they are financially capable (preferably within ten years of graduation), to reimburse the scholarship fund in an amount at least equal to that which they have received, in order that future students may have the opportunity to receive assistance from the scholarship fund.
One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded.
Open to students who are in their 2nd or 3rd year of dental school upon receipt of the award.
1. Be in their 1st or 2nd year of dental school at the time of application.
2. Be a student who has demonstrated outstanding merit.
3. Have demonstrated an interest in general dentistry.
4. Have demonstrated involvement in school and community activities.
5. Be in good academic standing.
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach a Resume/CV
- Between 250 – 500 words, provide a personal essay articulating how your personal and/or professional goals can be supported with this scholarship. Please include any community involvement activities you’ve had the opportunity to be part of and your experience overcoming any life challenge.
- (SOD) Please provide the name and email address of an individual who can email a letter of recommendation. This letter must come from teacher/professor or community service representative (someone other than a family member)