College of Social and Behavioral Science Graduate Fellowship Application
Overview: When you complete this application, you are applying for the following fellowships offered through the College of Social and Behavioral Science:
- Herbert W. Gustafson Endowed Graduate Fellowship
- Martin Harris Hiatt Endowed Fellowship
- Earl & Elies Skidmore Endowed Graduate Fellowships.
For information on the fellowships, as well as resources to aid in the preparation of your application, please refer to the College of Social and Behavioral Science scholarship page here.
Requirements: You must be declared in one of the following graduate programs/departments to be eligible to apply for fellowships offered by the college:
- Family and Consumer Studies
- International Affairs & Global Enterprise
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Policy
Please note: There are many fellowships offered at a departmental level. For information regarding the separate application process, inquire within your specific program. To view some of the fellowships offered by your department visit the graduate database.
Questions: Please email email@example.com
- Supplemental Questions
- Please check the box next to the department(s) you are affiliated with
- Please include a personal statement describing your background, educational and career plans, and how receiving a scholarship would help you to continue your education. You should be thoughtful and clear in your personal statement to help the reviewer understand what has brought you to this point in your life, and where you intend to go. This statement will also help the reviewer ascertain how well you write.
- Do you consider yourself to be historically underrepresented at the University of Utah?
- If you answered yes to the above question, please explain.
- Are you a graduate student pursuing studies in the quantitative study of human social behavior?
- If you answered yes, please explain your interest in the quantitative study of human social behavior.
- Please upload your CV
- Please upload a copy of your most recent college transcripts.
- Letter of Recommendation - CSBS Graduate Fellowships
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences requires TWO letters of recommendation and at least one of these must be from an academic source, such as a current or former professor/teacher. The other can be from an employer, volunteer supervisor, but not a friend or family member. Applications that do not have the required letters will not be considered for awards. Please enter the email addresses of the two persons who have agreed to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Your reference must agree to write a letter BEFORE you put their contact information into your application. The very moment their contact information is input, an auto notification will be sent to them. If your reference did not agree to write a reference letter for you, they have every right to reject the system’s request.
- Once your reference has agreed to write a letter for you, it is up to YOU to check your application to make sure the letter was submitted. You cannot see the letter but will be able to tell if it was received. Check the status of your letters by clicking on the "References" tab above.
- Letters must be submitted by your reference by April 7, 2023.
- Show 4 more