Norm Gibbons Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is given in honor of Norm Gibbons, former Dean of Students at the University of Utah. He was remembered for his kind demeanor and ability to make time for everyone. Norm was an example of lifting souls. In his memory, this scholarship is for students who have been impacted by the incarceration of a parent.
The Norm Gibbons Memorial Scholarship provides one scholarship to an undergraduate student for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Enroll full-time (15 or more credits) during the 2023-2024 academic year at the University of Utah;
- Currently experiencing or has experienced the incarceration of a parent;
- Currently has a 2.5 GPA;
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Seeking their first undergraduate degree.
- Complete a FAFSA
Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to Dannielle Moriondo – Dannielle.Moriondo@utah.edu
Questions regarding FAFSA may be directed to FinancialAid@utah.edu
- Supplemental Questions
- Academic Level in the 2023/24 year
Personal Statement: Incarceration doesn’t just impact individuals, it impacts families. Please share how your parents incarceration impacted you and what this scholarship would mean for you in terms of making a positive impact on your college experience