The ISSS Scholarship
The ISSS Scholarship is available to international students experiencing economic hardship with funds applied towards tuition.
Eligible students will meet all of the following requirements:
1. Must be an enrolled international student at the University of Utah, studying with an active F-1 or J-1 student visa, during the semester that the scholarship is awarded.
2. Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
3. Must have a current tuition balance due.
4. Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Utah at the time of application and awarding.
5. Must be in good standing with U.S. immigration at the time of application and awarding.
6. Must be enrolled in classes before the tuition deadline and throughout the entire semester during which the scholarship is awarded.
6. Must be physically present in the United States during the semester the scholarship is awarded.
7. Must have attended at least one full academic year at the University of Utah with an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
The scholarship award is for the current semester and cannot be applied to future semesters or used retroactively towards past bills.
Students who are NOT eligible:
1. Students whose tuition and other costs are sponsored by a sponsoring agency, government agency, academic department, or other entity may not be eligible
2. Student athletes are not eligible
3. Non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) students are not eligible
Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time credit applied toward tuition. This scholarship amount cannot be renewed, deferred, or transferred to any other person or entity.
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently a degree-seeking international student at the University of Utah studying with an active student visa?
- Will you be enrolled as an international student with an active F-1 or J1 student visa during the semester in which you are applying for tuition relief?
- Will you be enrolled full-time during the semester in which you are applying for tuition relief?
- When was your first semester at the University of Utah? (Semester and Year)
- What is your current cumulative GPA?
- Will your tuition or other costs be sponsored by a sponsoring agency, government agency, academic department, or other entity during semester in which you are applying for tuition relief?
- Please write an essay describing your current financial situation and what actions you have taken to find other sources of funding.
- How much financial assistance do you require? (Amount of tuition you are unable to pay)
- Show 3 more