The Dorothy Ware Endowed Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- This scholarship awards $1500 to students in their senior year of college who demonstrate achievements in and potential for creative and/or scholarly research in the arts.
- This award is divided in equal payments in Fall and Spring Semesters.
- This application requires a personal essay and a current Degree Audit Report
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Applicants must be a declared College of Fine Arts (CFA) student in the final year of their undergraduate program majoring in one of the five areas in the CFA: Art & Art History, Dance, Film & Media Arts, Music, and Theatre.
- Applicants must demonstrate achievements in and potential for creative and/or scholarly research in the arts.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3.2 GPA.
- Recipients of the Ware Scholarship must maintain full-time status, a 3.2 GPA, and remain in good standing within their department.
- All notifications regarding your application, the review process, and selection will be emailed to your uMail.
About this award:
In loving Memory of Reuel Ware and Reuel’s Arts & Frame in the College of Fine Arts, the Dorothy Ware Endowed Scholarship Fund was established in 2016 as a way to help defray educational costs for students in the College of Fine Arts at the University of Utah.
To obtain further information about this scholarship:
- Contact Liz Leckie, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Student Affairs
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplemental Questions
- What College of Fine Arts unit/department is your major in?
- What is your major in the College of Fine Arts (declared or anticipated)?
- If applicable, what is your College of Fine Arts emphasis (declared or anticipated)?
- If applicable, what is your College of Fine Arts minor (declared/anticipated)?
- Please indicate your anticipated graduation date. (ex. Spring 2025)
- What is your current year in your College of Fine Arts Program?
- What was your last term GPA?
- Upload your current Degree Audit Report. If you are an incoming transfer student or incoming prospective student, please upload your transcripts. (Applications that do not include current Degree Audit Reports or transcripts will not be considered.)
- Please list your awards or honors received.
- Please list your organizational memberships.
- Please list previous or current scholarships you have received and the awarding institution/organization.
- Please articulate your achievements in and potential for creative and/or scholarly research in the arts- maximum 800 words. (Applications that do not include this personal statement will not be considered.)
- Show 7 more