The Nagoya International Scholarship
The Nagoya International Scholarship recognizes campus and community engagement among international students and scholars from a diverse set of cultures. Scholarship recipients represent outstanding contributors who have strong academic performance and make time to participate in the community with a goal of promoting engagement in co-curricular activities during their time at the University of Utah.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least one academic year, either virtually or in-person, through the University of Utah main campus by May 2023.
- On an F-1 Visa and will remain on an F-1 Visa for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semester.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Intend to enroll full-time (12 semester credit hours for undergraduate students; 9 semester credit hours or 3 thesis credits for graduate students) for both the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semester.
- An undergraduate or graduate student in good standing at the University of Utah.
- Demonstrate active engagement in the campus and/or community through participation in student clubs, service opportunities, campus programs, and/or community programs and events.
- Students sponsored by a sponsoring agency or home country government are not eligible.
- Student athletes.
- Students who have previously received the ISSS Scholarship are not eligible.
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $2,000 per semester
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently a degree-seeking international student at the University of Utah studying with an active student visa?
- What is your current cumulative GPA?
- When was your first semester at the University of Utah? (Semester and Year)
- Will you be enrolled as an international student with an active F-1 student visa during the Fall and Spring semester of the 2023/2024 academic year?
- Will you be physically present in the United States while you study at the University of Utah in the Fall and Spring semester of the 2023/2024 academic year?
- Will your tuition or other costs be sponsored by a sponsoring agency, government agency, academic department, or other entity during either the Fall or Spring semester of the 2023/2024 academic years?
- Describe your contribution to the campus or local community and why you are deserving of the scholarship. In addition, please explain your motivation for your service to the campus or local community. It is recommended to have a minimum of 500 words.
- Upload a current resume or CV, which includes volunteer and service work. It is recommended to work with the Career and Professional Development Center on campus to review your resume/CV prior to submission. https://careers.utah.edu
- Show 3 more