Dr. John C. and Bliss L. Hubbard Foundation Scholarship Endowment
Through this scholarship, the School of Medicine Admissions Office is able to provide recognition and financial assistance to members of the incoming class. Every year, the SFESOM Scholarship Committee strives to support as many deserving students as possible by selecting scholarship recipients whose attributes and actions resonate with the wishes of the donors. This scholarship is contingent upon the receipt of funds each year.
About Dr. John C. and Bliss L. Hubbard
Dr. and Mrs. Hubbard left a bequest for the University of Utah that was originally a fund to help students who needed emergency financial help during their medical studies. The fund still supports the emergency loan fund, but now also supports the Hubbard Foundation Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is open to all incoming medical school students.
Eligible candidates shall be an accepted, incoming medical student. Although not required students in need of financial assistance* is also reviewed
First review of applications will happen the second week of January and scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis as the incoming class is finalized
Questions: Please email email@example.com
*School of Medicine scholarship opportunities for students that are in need of financial assistance require that students meet one of the following marked on their AMCAS application:
- SES -Socioeconomic Status
- A participant in Childhood Federal Assistance Program
- Pell Grant eligible
- Qualified for the Application Fee Assistance
- The Scholarship Committee with also review your Self-Reported Disadvantaged statement for details that indicate the need for financial assistance
- Supplemental Questions
- Please enter you highest MCAT score taken within the last four years
- Please enter your cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Please submit a one to two page, single-sided, double-spaced essay sharing the following information: Why did you choose the medical profession? What are your future professional and personal goals? Tell us about any obstacles you encountered growing up and how you have worked to overcome these obstacles to reach your professional and personal goals.
- I hereby acknowledge that the Scholarship Committee may review necessary parts of my medical school application for full consideration.