Kevin Morales Memorial Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is given to honor the memory of Kevin Morales. Kevin passed away in September 2022 after a prolonged struggle with addiction. The scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to a student who has been impacted by addiction and/or is in recovery. Applicants must be current LEAP students. Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
- Enroll in 12 or more credits during the 2023/2024 academic year at the University of Utah;
- Currently enrolled in the LEAP program;
- Have demonstrated financial need;
- Be seeking their first undergraduate degree.
- Complete a FAFSA prior to the scholarship deadline (Students not eligible for FAFSA please contact Financialaid@utah.edu for more information)
Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to Dannielle Moriondo – Dannielle.Moriondo@utah.edu
Questions regarding FAFSA may be directed to FinancialAid@utah.edu
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently enrolled in the LEAP Program?
- Academic Level in the 2023/24 year
Personal Statement (minimum 300 to maximum 500 words. PDF file only)
Prompt: Please describe the challenges that you have experienced due to addiction. This may include addiction as it pertains to yourself or to a close connection. Please also describe any experiences with treatment and recovery, if relevant.