Harold and Ruth Proctor Endowed Scholarship
The Harold and Ruth Proctor Endowed Scholarship was established in 2019 by Dr. Craig Proctor in memory of his parents. Neither Harold nor Ruth had the opportunity to attend college but they believed that education was valuable. “Nothing is worth doing unless you do it well” is a phrase Dr. Proctor attributed to his dad so it was an understandably emotional day for Harold when Dr. Proctor received his DDS degree. Dr. Proctor hopes the students who receive this scholarship will not only value the gift their education is but also give back to scholarships at the School of Dentistry at least in the amount they received.
One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
Open to all students at the School of Dentistry
1. Be in good academic standing
2. Display a strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
3. Be in good academic standing
4. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required.
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach a Resume/CV
- (SOD) Please provide the name and email address of an individual who can email a letter of recommendation. This letter must come from teacher/professor or community service representative (someone other than a family member)
- Between 250 – 500 words, provide a personal essay articulating how your personal and/or professional goals can be supported with this scholarship. Please include any community involvement activities you’ve had the opportunity to be part of and your experience overcoming any life challenge.