Jameson Family Scholarship
Overview: Available to undocumented or DACA students accepted as an HB144 student at the University of Utah.
- Must have been accepted as an HB144 student by the University of Utah
- Completed one year of study at the University of Utah
- Good academic record
- Enrolled as a full-time student
- Undergraduate student
Preferences: The Jameson Family Scholarship looks for motivated students who have been involved in leadership and/or community activities, have a good academic record, have financial need, and are enrolled as full-time students at the time the award is used.
Preference will also be given to:
- Students who are majoring in the College of Social and Behavioral Science
- Students who have been involved in leadership and/or community activities
- Students who have plans to use their education to serve their community
About the Donor: Dr. Ken Jameson was born in Salt Lake City, but grew up in Denver. He earned degrees from Stanford and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Ken lived in Latin America for over five years and, besides becoming fluent in Spanish, developed a love for the Latino people. Now retired as a Professor of Economics at the University of Utah, Ken, and Penny, his wife of more than fifty years, are passionate about supporting undocumented students in Utah. They created the Kenneth P. and Penny B. Jameson Family Scholarship in 2005.
Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org