Larry H. and Gail Miller Enrichment Scholarship
The University of Utah strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We recognize that a diverse student body benefits and enriches the educational experiences of all students, faculty and staff. Thus the U strives to attract students who have the ability to contribute to and benefit from a culturally and intellectually diverse learning community. Our goal is to make every attempt to support the student’s academic and personal success while enrolled at the U.
Eligible students are those with demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA during the time of initial application. Students not eligible to complete the FAFSA should contact Ashley Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps. Whenever possible, students will be selected from applicants whose ethnic background is under-represented in higher education in Utah and those who are first generation college students. In the event that no students qualify for the award on that basis, the scholarship may be awarded to other students whose cultural background or life experiences demonstrate an affiliation with or an understanding of a diverse background, and who will contribute to an educationally diverse environment at the University of Utah. A primary goal of the scholarship is to integrate students with campus life through volunteer community/leadership service.
The Miller Enrichment Scholarship award may include any or all of the following benefits:
- Full Tuition and Fees (for undergraduate Utah residents) up to 15 credit hours per semester
- On-Campus Room and Board (equivalent to a double occupancy room and up to 21 meals per week)
- Textbook Allowance ($300 per semester)
- Opportunity for an internship and experiential learning stipend ($1350 per semester)
This scholarship is renewable for up to ten semesters for new freshmen; eight semesters for sophomores; six semesters for juniors; and four semesters for seniors. To renew this award, students must qualify annually by maintaining satisfactory academic achievement and make acceptable progress toward a Bachelor’s degree and abide by the University of Utah, Student Code of Conduct.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Have and maintain a 2.50 GPA
- Be admitted to the University of Utah as a matriculated undergraduate student
- Be a Utah resident for the academic year for which they are applying
- Be the first in their immediate family to attend any amount of college
- Demonstrate financial need
To ensure that you are considered for this scholarship, please submit all application materials and supporting documents no later than January 31, 2024.
NOTE: Letters of Recommendation are required. Please ensure that your reference can speak to your academic or leadership abilities.
All applicants will be notified of the scholarship decision by April 30th of each year.