- Supplemental Questions
- Name (as found on legal documentation):
- What name would you like us to use to refer to you?
- For tuition purposes, will you be a resident or non-resident of the state of Utah by the Fall 2024 semester?
- Have you submitted a 2024-2025 FAFSA application?
- Are you a transfer student? Please respond Yes or No. If you are a transfer student, please list the institution you are transferring from.
- Have you declared a major in International Studies, Asian Studies, Latin American Studies or Middle East Studies?
- Do you have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater?
- What is your cumulative GPA?
- Are you a US Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen as defined for federal student aid eligibility on the following website: https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements/non-us-citizens?
- Are you a matriculated (degree seeking) University of Utah student pursuing your first bachelor's degree?
- What is your expected date of graduation? Please provide the Semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer) and Year.
- Are you planning to register for a minimum of 12 credits for both the Fall 2024 semester and the Spring 2025 semester?
Optional Demographic Information
We request demographic information from our applicants to include in our reporting. Providing this information is voluntary/optional and will not have an impact on your eligibility.
What is your gender identity?
- What pronouns would you like us to use in referring to you?
- Please check next to the racial category/categories with which you most identify:
- Other racial category/categories with which you identify:
- Are you Hispanic or Latina/o/x/e (a person of Cuban, Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American origin, or from another Latin American country regardless of race)?
- Do you identify as or have origins in any of the indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America?
- Did your parent(s)/guardian(s) graduate from college?
- Have you served or are you currently serving in the U.S. Military?
Statement of PurposePlease include a typed statement in which you discuss how your major in International Studies/Asian Studies/Latin American Studies/Middle East Studies supports your academic and career goals. If relevant, share any signature experiences you are planning to participate in during the 2024-2025 academic year that are related to your goals. These experiences may include volunteering, student leadership, a research project or independent study, an internship, a study abroad, etc.
Statement of Financial NeedPlease include a typed statement in which you discuss the importance of this scholarship to your ability to progress toward your academic and career goals. You may wish to include information about yourself and/or your family that illustrates your financial need (including but not limited to such things as whether or not you are a first-generation college student, whether and what kinds of additional financial assistance you have earned to support your education, and your employment and/or family-related commitments).
- I certify that the information is true, complete, and given in good faith.
- Show 18 more