West High Alumni Association Union Scholarship
WEST HIGH ALUMNI ASSOCIATION UNION SCHOLARSHIP
Provided by: West High Alumni Association and the A. Ray Olpin Union
Number of Awards: 2
Application Deadline: Monday, February 19th, 2024 by 11:59 PM (MST)
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FUND PURPOSE
The purpose of the Union Scholarship Fund is to support the academic achievement of students representing a wide array of backgrounds and experiences; the students are currently attending or plan to attend the University of Utah. The fund promotes the retention and completion of students who demonstrate financial need and a commitment to the mission of the Union. Through this fund, the Union and its scholarship partners recognize students who are committed to bettering the communities they serve.
WEST HIGH ALUMNI UNION SCHOLARSHIP PURPOSE
The West High Alumni Association, in partnership with The Union Administration Office, is pleased to announce two (2) scholarships of $5,000 each to assist undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Utah who are also graduates of West High School in Salt Lake City, Utah
The West High Alumni Association exists to help preserve the heritage of West High School and honor alumni who have gone on to make West High and the community proud. Part of our work is providing scholarships to deserving alumni to further their education. In collaboration with the A Ray Olpin Union, this scholarship will provide an opportunity for a hardworking student who is an alumnus of West High School, the opportunity to further their education with some financial support
- Candidates must be or become a graduate of West High School and enroll at the University of Utah for Fall 2024
- Candidates must take a minimum of 12 undergraduate credits, or if you are a graduate student, you must have full-time status according to your respective graduate program.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate financial need for the scholarship via the financial need essay.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 from the University of Utah or prior institution.
Many students who are selected to receive a University scholarship after May 12, 2015, are required by state law to certify under penalty of perjury that they are eligible to receive the scholarship as a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country who is lawfully present within the United States. Students who have both graduated from a recognized Utah High school and who are awarded a scholarship funded by a private donor are not required to certify their lawful presence before receiving a privately funded scholarship. (This scholarship is a privately funded scholarship.)
- Students who are required to certify their lawful presence in the United States must also be submitted to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification of their lawful presence within the United States. Once the University submits information to DHS for verification this federal agency may have the legal right to share information with other government agencies. If you do not know whether you are lawfully present within the United States you should seek the advice of an immigration attorney before accepting a University Scholarship that requires certification and verification
- The recipients of the scholarship are expected to attend the annual Union Scholarship Celebration event during the evening of Thursday, September 19, 2024. The celebration promotes the scholarship on a community level and will be the time when recipients are publicly recognized and awarded.
- Sign scholarship acceptance form.
- Schedule a headshot picture
200 S. Central Campus Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112