Union Scholarship for Future Alumni
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FOR FUTURE ALUMNI
Provided by: Office of Alumni Relations & The A. Ray Olpin University Union
Number of Awards: 5
Application Deadline: Monday, February 19th, 2024 by 11:59 PM (MST)
Scholarship Disbursed:Fall 2024 semester
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FUND MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the Union Scholarship Fund is to support the academic achievement of students representing a wide array of backgrounds and experiences; the students are currently attending or plan to attend the University of Utah. The fund promotes the retention and completion of students who demonstrate financial need and a commitment to the mission of the Union. Through this fund, the Union and its scholarship partners recognize students who are committed to bettering the communities they serve.
UNION SCHOLARSHIP FOR FUTURE ALUMNI PURPOSE
The Future Alumni Scholarship provides five (5) scholarships of $5,000 each to students near completion of their undergraduate and graduate degrees to reduce loans and assist with unmet financial need. The purpose of this scholarship is to identify students near completion of their degree but who need financial support to become alumni of the University of Utah. This scholarship is for students who may have considered dropping out of school due to unmet financial need. Additionally, this scholarship is intended for students whose involvement has or will contribute to the overall well-being of the University of Utah campus community and will continue to do so after becoming part of the University of Utah alumni.
- This scholarship is available to current students enrolled at the University of Utah with four or fewer undergraduate semesters remaining or three or fewer graduate semesters remaining to graduate
- This scholarship is available to students pursuing their first degree at the University of Utah
- Students do NOT have to be associated with the A. Ray Olpin Union or U Alumni
- Candidates must have at least half-time status as an undergraduate or as a graduate student at the University of Utah
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 from the University of Utah or prior institution
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate financial need for the scholarship via the financial need essay
- Many students who are selected to receive a University scholarship after May 12, 2015, are required by state law to certify under penalty of perjury that they are eligible to receive the scholarship as a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country who is lawfully present within the United States. Students who have graduated from a recognized Utah high school or who are awarded a scholarship funded by a private donor ARE NOT required to certify their lawful presence before receiving a privately funded scholarship (This scholarship is a privately funded scholarship).
- Students who are required to certify their lawful presence in the United States must also be submitted to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification of their lawful presence within the United States. Once the University submits information to DHS for verification this federal agency may have the legal right to share information with other government agencies. If you do not know whether you are lawfully present within the United States you should seek the advice of an immigration attorney before accepting a University Scholarship that requires certification and verification
- The recipients of the scholarship are expected to attend the annual Union Scholarship Celebration event on Thursday, September 19th, 2024. The celebration promotes the scholarship on a community level and will be the time when recipients are publicly recognized and awarded.
- Sign scholarship Acceptance Forms
- Schedule a headshot picture
- Personal & Enrollment Information
- Attach a Resume
- Attach an essay: Importance of alumni essay
- Attach an essay: Financial aid essay
University of Utah, A. Ray Olpin Union Building
200 S. Central Campus Dr. Room 255 Salt Lake City, UT 84112