- Supplemental Questions
- Name (as found on legal documentation):
- What name would you like us to use to refer to you?
- For tuition purposes, will you be a resident or non-resident of the state of Utah by Summer 2024 semester?
- Are you a transfer student? Please respond Yes or No. If you are a transfer student, please list the institution you are transferring from.
Optional Demographic Information
We request demographic information from our applicants to include in our reporting. Providing this information is voluntary/optional and will not have an impact on your eligibility.
What is your gender identity?
- What pronouns would you like us to use in referring to you?
- Please check next to the racial category/categories that you most identify with:
- Other racial category/categories that you identify with:
- Are you Hispanic or Latina/o/x/e (a person of Cuban, Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American origin, or from another Latin American country regardless of race)?
- Do you identify as or have origins in any of the indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America?
- If yes, please specify:
- Did your parent(s)/guardian(s) graduate from college?
- Have you served or are you currently serving in the U.S. Military?
What is your degree program (BA, BS, MA, JD, PhD, etc.)?
- What is your major department?
- What is your expected graduation date?
- Do you have a 3.0 GPA or above?
- What is your cumulative University of Utah GPA?
- List the Japanese language courses you have taken (at the University of Utah or elsewhere), and the grades received.
- When do you plan to study in Japan? (Check all that apply)
- Will your study abroad be an approved program through the University's Learning Abroad Office?
Statement of PurposePlease include a typed statement (of no more than 500 words) in which you include detailed information for your travel proposal, a budget, and how the travels will assist you in your academic and career goals. If applicable, please include information regarding the program of study (with a link to the program website), mentor, and/or host institution or organization.
- Please provide the name and email information for one academic reference:
- Upload an unofficial transcript from the University of Utah. Note: File names can only include letters, numbers, a maximum of one period, and the following characters: _ -
- If awarded, do you agree to provide a photo, and a 1 page reflections paper with a short biography?
- I certify that the information is true, complete, and given in good faith.
- Show 21 more