Early Exploration Scholars Program
The Early Exploration Scholars Program with the Office of Undergraduate Research provides multiple $500 scholarships for the Spring 2024 semester. Students in the program will learn more about research and faculty mentorship opportunities at the University of Utah. This scholarship has a preference for students with demonstrated financial need. Underrepresented students in their fields of interest are highly encouraged to apply.
If admited into the program students will be expected to:
- Attend an orientation at the start of the semester
- Attend one of the OUR research tours
- Attend two education series events
- Meet with at least one prospective research faculty mentor
- Submit end-of-semester form
To be eligible for the Early Exploration Scholars Program students must:
- Be a University of Utah student completing their first 60 credits
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be seeking their first undergraduate degree.
- Complete a FAFSA before the scholarship deadline. Students who are not eligible for FAFSA may reach out to Dannielle.Moriondo@utah.edu for more information.
Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to Dannielle Moriondo – Dannielle.Moriondo@utah.edu
Questions regarding FAFSA may be directed to FinancialAid@utah.edu