Utah Opportunity Scholarship
The University of Utah recognizes that a racially/ethnically diverse student body benefits and enriches the educational experiences of all students, faculty, and staff. Thus, we strive to recruit students who will further enrich this diversity and make every attempt to support their academic and personal success while they are here. In support of this goal, the Utah Opportunity Scholarship (UOS) will be offered to first time incoming college freshmen (FTIC) that graduated from a Utah high school. The Utah Opportunity Scholarship will be administered and awarded by the Scholarship Committee in the Center for Equity and Student Belonging (CESB) at the University of Utah.
Award: $8,000.00 per academic year for 4 years
- Financial need based.
- Must have graduated from a Utah High School.
- Must be admitted to the University of Utah.
- Only eligible for incoming freshmen at the University of Utah.
- No grade point average (GPA) requirement.
- Must be enrolled and maintain full-time student status (12 credit hours or more) during Fall/Spring/Summer.
- Must be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid/FAFSA
Failure to provide letter of recommendations, answer essay questions, or not include the required material will automatically disqualify you.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a commitment to Black/African Diaspora, Pacific Islander, American Indian/Native/Indigenous, Latinx, and/or Asian/Asian American communities through community service and engagement or leadership within these communities.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need or first-generation students.