Chartwells Community In Action Housing & Residential Education Scholarship
CHARTWELLS COMMUNITY IN ACTION HOUSING & RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
Please note: Student Leaders who receive Housing/Meal Plan compensation (including RAs, SJAs, RHA, etc.) are not eligible for Housing scholarships. It is your responsibility to notify Housing & Residential Education at 801-587-2002 if you become ineligible to receive this scholarship.
The Chartwells Community in Action Scholarship provides emerging leaders with the opportunity to live on campus during their first year of college with their room and board expenses covered. This scholarship award is for one Academic Year. The scholarship will be awarded to incoming first-year students who continue to meet the eligibility requirements. Two scholarships are available for the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
Scholarship applicants must demonstrate leadership potential from previous engagement in community service and leadership in high school, on a university campus, or in the community; and articulate how the experience of living on campus will support their success at the University of Utah.
Funding for this scholarship is a partnership between University Dining Services and Housing & Residential Education. The expectation is that the recipient will continue active engagement in leadership development activities throughout the 2024-2025 Academic Year. This may be done by becoming involved with the Associated Students of the University of Utah (ASUU), the Residence Halls Association (RHA), or by continuing service and leadership involvement within the community.
Scholarship Award Information
The Chartwells Community in Action Scholarship covers all of the following:
- Cost of a double room in Heritage Commons (Chapel Glen, Gateway Heights, Sage Point).
- Meal Plan 21
- Housing application fee waiver for the full 2024-2025 Academic Year
The Chartwells Community in Action Scholarship covers the cost of a double room in Heritage Commons, meal plan 21, RHA dues, and the housing application fee waiver for the full 2023-2024 Academic Year. This scholarship is valued at approximately $13,500 for the academic year. The scholarship can be applied toward various other housing types and locations within Housing & Residential Education. If the room type and meal plan you choose exceeds the total value of the scholarship, the difference in cost is your responsibility.
- Applicant must be an incoming first-year student in the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the University of Utah as a full-time student for the 2024-2025 Academic Year (at least 12 credit hours per semester).
- Applicant must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the University of Utah.
When awarding this scholarship, special consideration will be given to students who: (1) have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantage or disabilities, or (2) who are in the first generation in their family to attend college, or (3) are members of groups that are underrepresented at the University of Utah.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
Scholarship Decision Announced: March 29, 2024
- Please submit a one-page essay describing why you believe living on campus will help support your success and graduation here at the University of Utah AND
- Please submit a one-page resume detailing leadership roles and involvement in your school and community
Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to Tammy Metcalf Murillo – firstname.lastname@example.org