Recreational Therapy General Scholarship Application
This is the general application for all of the scholarships offered by Recreational Therapy. Applicants will be matched to a scholarship based on the criteria for each of the following:
- Sandra K Negley Endowed Scholarship in Recreational Therapy
This scholarship awards an outstanding, dedicated, and passionate student seeking a BS/BA or MS degree in Recreational Therapy, in the Department of Occupational and Recreational Therapies. This scholarship is awarded in honor of Sandra K. Negley who made a difference in so many people’s lives through her practice, teaching, and professional commitment to the profession of Recreational Therapy.
- The Therapeutic Recreation Connections Corp Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to an academically outstanding student in Recreational Therapy who demonstrates financial need and a passion for a career in recreational therapy. This scholarship is awarded by TR Connections in the desire to promote advanced education and increase the RT practice in long-term care.
*The M. Sydney Post, EdD, MTRS, CTRS Endowed Scholarship in Recreational Therapy
This scholarship will be awarded to a first-year undergraduate or graduate student studying in Recreational Therapy. Preference is given to the undergraduate student who is licensed as a Therapeutic Recreation Technician (TRT) and has work experience in Recreational Therapy
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate if you are registered for or have taken a minimum of six (6) credit hours in RECTH courses.
- Please discuss the following: your work with individuals with disabilities, advocacy, community engagement activities, and any involvement in professional activities.
- Discuss the population that you plan to concentrate on for your clinical focus in your internship, research, and/or future practice.